>10 Reasons I'm Loving Magazines of Late
1. 1 - Quality merchandise - Hello Instyle umbrella, Collette Dinnigan Tshirt, Seduce maxi dress, Witchery gift cards, its been a while since Ive seen some shitty lipgloss in a colour that doesn’t suit me – keep it up
2. 2- Free samples – shampoos, moisturisers, facial scrubs – so good to chuck in your bag and have as emergency backups or for travel
3. 3 - Fashion blogger features – so many magazines have been recognising the talent in Australian fashion bloggers, getting them to write feature articles, understanding their power of their style of media and including them as well, just how they should!
4. 4 - Subscriptions – subscribe to your favourites. Guarantees you wont miss an issue, and a new mag in the mailbox makes your day. Good stuff
5. 5 -A bigger focus on websites. Thankyou for recognising the power of online shopping and listing top blogs as well, spread the word about sites, great online bargains which everyone appreciates.
6. 6 -They all have websites – more power to the websites which have online competitions and short articles, although you have to be careful, if this is overdone, you may not buy the mag at all!
7. 7 - Listing affordable clothing – go the people who feature a pair of Spendless Shoes next to a Miu Miu dress. Its good to see great things I know are well within my budget and not feel like every outfit is impossibly priced.
8. 8 - Featuring locals – I see more and more Australian businesswoman in articles, what they do, their shops, their stories. Woman in fashion and other local talent and designers – this is great, I'm all for supporting the Australian fashion industry
9. 9 - Positivity! Depending on what you read as well, but I find the magazines I regularly pick up are full of happiness, health, inspiration, and less trashy celeb stories that are rotting my brain and that I couldn’t care less about.
1010 - Wide coverage of body shapes and sizes. More and more mags are catching on to the ‘dress for your shape trend’. Yes a certain something might be on trend right now, but it often doesn’t suit everyone. I find a lot of articles now show how to wear certain items or trends for curvy and petite and pear figures etc. Thankyou, we are not all size 0, 7 foot tall models.